Marriage Visa in Thailand

If you are married to a Thai citizen than you can apply for a Thai Marriage Visa which is valid for 90 days when you enter the country. Speak to our lawyer in Krabi with regards to the 1 year option. Unlike the tourist visa for Thailand the marriage visa cannot be extended for 30 days.

You can however extend the marriage visa in Thailand for 1 year while in Thailand and well before the visa expires. There are certain rules to the application and these are some of the more important rules regarding the visa.

  1. You must be married to a Thai citizen;
  2. You must show an income of at least 40,000 Baht a month;
  3. You could also show a deposit for 400,000 Baht in a Thai bank account.
  4. You can show either a combination of income and deposit.

Obtaining the marriage visa requires that you need to show the embassy the following documents:

  1. Your marriage certificate;
  2. A copy of your wife's Thai ID card;
  3. A copy of your passport;
  4. A copy of your wife's "house papers"

These documents are needed for the marriage visa in Thailand which is valid for 90 days. Once you want to apply for an extension of the visa for one year you need to provide these documents again plus proof of your income of deposit in a Thai bank account. If you need any more information speak to us on live chat on our main website, Call our toll-free US or UK telephone numbers or simply walk into our offices in Krabi to speak to a lawyer or any of our other offices in Thailand.


Providing highly effective legal solutions to both our local and international clients
Copyright @ 2022 Krabi Lawyers.
All Rights Reserved.
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram